Teebs "Anchor Steam"
At this point, how much more can we say about young LA beatmaker Teebs? We like him. Flying Lotus likes him. Pretty much the entire greater Los Angeles area seems to like him. His debut full-length, Ardour, comes out on October 9 via the Brainfeeder label, but those of us who can't wait that long can happily dine on Teebs' half of the recently issued sixth volume of All City's ongoing LA series. (The other half was contributed by Daedelus; check out "Fates Say" for a sample of his contributions to the record.) "Anchor Steam" finds Teebs reaching into his usual bag of tricks by employing varied percussion and washed-out melodies, but the song also sports a Balearic vibe and a sped-up tempo that's more indicative of house and techno than the LA beat scene. Yet he handles the increased bpm deftly; it's always been evident than Teebs' music sounded great in headphones, but "Anchor Steam" leads us to believe that he might also have a future on the dancefloor.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player