White Mountains "Bells"
New Hampshire-based producer and composer Peter James (a.k.a. White Mountains) has supplied us with this moody, blissful track from his upcoming LP, Wilderness. Slow-moving, angelic pads and arps create dense layers of sound which nonetheless allow the scattered percussion and tiny electro drums to peek through during the six-minute track. If James' name for the project and LP are any inclination, much of his inspiration is pulled from the natural world, perhaps not the sounds actually found in nature, but the feeling of satisfaction and calm one can get from the solitude of being alone in a forest or on top of a mountain. So regardless of where you're listening to the track, it might be worth trying to close your eyes and seeing if "Bells" can help you reach that feeling without having to, you know, go outside.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player