White Mountains "Bells"
New Hampshire-based producer and composer Peter James (a.k.a. White Mountains) has supplied us with this moody, blissful track from his upcoming LP, Wilderness. Slow-moving, angelic pads and arps create dense layers of sound which nonetheless allow the scattered percussion and tiny electro drums to peek through during the six-minute track. If James' name for the project and LP are any inclination, much of his inspiration is pulled from the natural world, perhaps not the sounds actually found in nature, but the feeling of satisfaction and calm one can get from the solitude of being alone in a forest or on top of a mountain. So regardless of where you're listening to the track, it might be worth trying to close your eyes and seeing if "Bells" can help you reach that feeling without having to, you know, go outside.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player