White Mountains "Bells"
New Hampshire-based producer and composer Peter James (a.k.a. White Mountains) has supplied us with this moody, blissful track from his upcoming LP, Wilderness. Slow-moving, angelic pads and arps create dense layers of sound which nonetheless allow the scattered percussion and tiny electro drums to peek through during the six-minute track. If James' name for the project and LP are any inclination, much of his inspiration is pulled from the natural world, perhaps not the sounds actually found in nature, but the feeling of satisfaction and calm one can get from the solitude of being alone in a forest or on top of a mountain. So regardless of where you're listening to the track, it might be worth trying to close your eyes and seeing if "Bells" can help you reach that feeling without having to, you know, go outside.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player