Seiji "Dope Fix"
- Words: Patric Fallon
A longstanding patron of forward-thinking bass tunes, London's Paul Dolby (a.k.a. Seiji) has yet another 12" to add to his expansive to discography, the Seiji 2: Straylight / Weedkiller single. Those tunes just dropped on the producer's eponymous record label (you can stream/buy them here), and to help ring in the imprint's second release, Seiji is giving out this free, non-record track, "Dope Fix." The song jumps, skitters, and grooves like much of Dolby's future-house numbers, albeit in a slightly more atonal fashion. There may be no proper melody in "Dope Fix," but that's the point; Seiji's production is a work focused on interlocked polyrhythms and the thick bounce that club-goers crave.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player