Seams "Hung Markets"
We're happy to see that traveling the world (or even just the idea of traveling the world) seems to inspire a budding crop of music makers to make intricately arranged and profoundly heartfelt techno-leaning dance tunes, as opposed to, say, crunkcore. Much like his ex-tourmate Gold Panda, producer James Welch (a.k.a. Seams) has turned his globe-trotting escapades into the driving force behind the ambient soundscapes and pulsing beats of his music. "Hung Markets" is one such song, and is taken from his forthcoming EP for Pictures Music, Tourist. Welch says that the release is "inspired by the outdoor living of [Berlin] in the summer, and how much music was intrinsically linked to daily life." And you can hear that in the airy field recordings that open and close the song, as well as the swells of white noise that provide the upbeat to its constant rhythm and the hazy samples that fill in the gaps. We'll see what other sounds Seams has to offer when his four-song Tourist EP drops this November.
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player