French Producer Pierre-Antoine Grison, better known as Krazy Baldhead of the Ed Banger crew, has collaborated with a group of Malian musicians to form Donso. "Hunters", a track from their recently released self-titled LP, is an exploration into the rhythmic possibilities between modern electronic production and traditional Malian instruments, one that relies heavily on both electronic drums and traditional percussion to move it along. Spurts of loops and live instrumentation add some texture and melody, and eventually, the difference between them gets blurred to the point where you're just lost in the tribal rhythm, getting in touch with your inner hunter.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player