French Producer Pierre-Antoine Grison, better known as Krazy Baldhead of the Ed Banger crew, has collaborated with a group of Malian musicians to form Donso. "Hunters", a track from their recently released self-titled LP, is an exploration into the rhythmic possibilities between modern electronic production and traditional Malian instruments, one that relies heavily on both electronic drums and traditional percussion to move it along. Spurts of loops and live instrumentation add some texture and melody, and eventually, the difference between them gets blurred to the point where you're just lost in the tribal rhythm, getting in touch with your inner hunter.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player