French Producer Pierre-Antoine Grison, better known as Krazy Baldhead of the Ed Banger crew, has collaborated with a group of Malian musicians to form Donso. "Hunters", a track from their recently released self-titled LP, is an exploration into the rhythmic possibilities between modern electronic production and traditional Malian instruments, one that relies heavily on both electronic drums and traditional percussion to move it along. Spurts of loops and live instrumentation add some texture and melody, and eventually, the difference between them gets blurred to the point where you're just lost in the tribal rhythm, getting in touch with your inner hunter.
- FeatureDrums, DJ Dez, and The D: 10 Things You Need to Know About Andrés
- NewsRead About the Sing-Sing Break and How it Became the Backbone of Baltimore Club
- NewsDownload Another Collaborative Track from Four Tet and Rome Fortune
- MP3My Favorite Robot "Dead of the Dance"
- GearTraktor DJ Now Available for iPhone
XLR8R Downloads Player