French Producer Pierre-Antoine Grison, better known as Krazy Baldhead of the Ed Banger crew, has collaborated with a group of Malian musicians to form Donso. "Hunters", a track from their recently released self-titled LP, is an exploration into the rhythmic possibilities between modern electronic production and traditional Malian instruments, one that relies heavily on both electronic drums and traditional percussion to move it along. Spurts of loops and live instrumentation add some texture and melody, and eventually, the difference between them gets blurred to the point where you're just lost in the tribal rhythm, getting in touch with your inner hunter.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player