Kordan "Mirror (Take's No Reflection Remix)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
NY-based shoegaze trio Kordan's (pictured above) "Mirror" is a driving dreamscape of guitar fuzz, plinking synths, and hushed vocal delivery. LA-based producer Take's "Mirror" is an equally heavenly production, albeit one driven by the soul of dark synth-funk and Southern California's ever-changing beatscape. The differences between the two versions of the East Coast band's cut—off its debut album, The Longing—are obvious, and yet Take manages to convey the same pensively resilient ethos of the original with a wholly different sound palette.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player