8Bitch "Orpheus (Claude Speeed Remix)"
Dubstep isn't exactly known as a girl-friendly music scene, but that hasn't stopped 8Bitch (a.k.a. Maya Medvesek) from getting into the game. The producer splits her time between London and Glasgow, and on November 29 she'll be releasing the Equinox EP, a 4-track offering that touches on futuristic blap, UK garage, R&B, and even classic mid-'90s Warp experimentalism. We can't share those tunes quite yet, but the folks at Seed—who will be officially celebrating the release at the label's 10th birthday party on November 27 in London—have offered up this remix of "Orpheus" by Claude Speeed of Scottish trio American Men. While 8Bitch's original effectively combines rapid-fire drums with pastoral ambience, the remix mellows things out with some fuzzy synths and wistful melodies that sound as though they were equally inspired by '80s teen films and video games—it's like M83 in a dubstep template, although that sounds like a terrible idea and this song is actually pretty great.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player