Out now on Norway’s Dødpop Records is the follow-up to 2009’s successful Dødpop Vol. 1. As Norway’s central skweee label, Dødpop has made a venerable name for itself amidst Sweden and Finland’s vibrant skweee scene. Dødpop Vol. 2 showcases a varied array of Norway’s skweee talent, including Norwegian producers like skweee pioneer Daniel Savio, Marcus Price, and Splash Bass. To give you a snapshot of what the record sounds like, Dødpop has sent along the compilation’s first track, Beatbully's “RnBully.” Beatbully does justice to the song’s title by creating a layered bed of whistling and crackling synths worthy of The-Dream but keeps the beat in a solidly electro-funk vibe.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player