Out now on Norway’s Dødpop Records is the follow-up to 2009’s successful Dødpop Vol. 1. As Norway’s central skweee label, Dødpop has made a venerable name for itself amidst Sweden and Finland’s vibrant skweee scene. Dødpop Vol. 2 showcases a varied array of Norway’s skweee talent, including Norwegian producers like skweee pioneer Daniel Savio, Marcus Price, and Splash Bass. To give you a snapshot of what the record sounds like, Dødpop has sent along the compilation’s first track, Beatbully's “RnBully.” Beatbully does justice to the song’s title by creating a layered bed of whistling and crackling synths worthy of The-Dream but keeps the beat in a solidly electro-funk vibe.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player