Holy Fuck "Stay Lit (Bishop Morocco Remix)"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Tell us if we've lost control, but this remix of Holy Fuck's Latin cut "Stay Lit"—from fellow Canadian's Bishop Morocco (pictured above)—speaks to our heart and soul. It's obvious the duo loved Holy Fuck's original version of the song, but sometimes love will make you tear things apart, which is exactly what they did to "Stay Lit." Stripping down the bulk the live electronics and distorted crunch (in some sort of studio ceremony, no doubt), Bishop Morocco effectively brings the song closer to a Factory Records-esque post-punk sound. It kind of reminds us of that one band from Manchester. You know, the one with the depressed guy that killed himself decades ago? There were a couple of movies about it. They had that one song about love doing something or other. Hmm... Well, this song is cool, too.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player