Magic Places "Through the Map Room Door"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Magic Places is Savannah-based musicmaker Paul M. Goerner, who seems to have a distinct proclivity for fantasy, sci-fi, and eerie soundscapes. The young producer has a complete album available to stream now via Bandcamp, entitled The Time-Traveler's Pocket Guidebook, which "Through the Map Room Door" is lifted from. Magic Place's tune starts out with a slow groove, a few ghostly synth sounds, and a disembodied female voice calling out from a distance—it's a fairly sparse aural environment until about the halfway point, when things get a bit more driving and dense. In both cases, Goerner displays a strong sense of mood and melody, which are likely to serve the rest of his Guidebook album well when it's released on the first day of 2011. (via Altered Zones)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player