Future Islands "Tin Man (Jason Urick Remix)"
Baltimore producer Jason Urick has dismantled the elements of the "Tin Man" song, originally composed by his B-more brothers in experimental sounds, Future Islands (pictured above), and flung them to the far reaches of outer space on this remix. For most of Urick's 10-plus-minute re-work, rolling, tribal drum rhythms are the only thing keeping the wafting synth ambiance, indecipherable vocal utterances, delayed guitar plucks, and atonal alien transmissions from completely floating off into the empty expanse. It's repetitious, it's somewhat formless, and it's a bit indulgent, but those are the precise reasons why this dubby track is so overwhelming and easy to lose oneself in.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player