Future Islands "Tin Man (Jason Urick Remix)"
Baltimore producer Jason Urick has dismantled the elements of the "Tin Man" song, originally composed by his B-more brothers in experimental sounds, Future Islands (pictured above), and flung them to the far reaches of outer space on this remix. For most of Urick's 10-plus-minute re-work, rolling, tribal drum rhythms are the only thing keeping the wafting synth ambiance, indecipherable vocal utterances, delayed guitar plucks, and atonal alien transmissions from completely floating off into the empty expanse. It's repetitious, it's somewhat formless, and it's a bit indulgent, but those are the precise reasons why this dubby track is so overwhelming and easy to lose oneself in.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Feature20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- NewsMatthewdavid Announces New LP for Brainfeeder, Shares Title Track
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player