Banjo Or Freakout "Since We Last Met"
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Earlier this summer, recent DFA signees ndf released the warm night air that was "Since We Last Met," a "12 single graced by a Ricardo Villalobos remix on the flip. The track is a vivid portrait of summer love and such a strong single that a well-structured album is surely in sight. In the meantime London-based artist Banjo Or Freakout has offered a reminder of ndf's potential, covering "Since We Last Met" with more of an indie aesthetic than an electronic one. Banjo Or Freakout's piano version of the melody is particularly notable, bringing the subtleties of the original to the foreground. Synth and vocal layerings surround the rest of the song, keeping all the nostalgia of the original without being repetitive.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player