Banjo Or Freakout "Since We Last Met"
- Words: Stefan Nickum
Earlier this summer, recent DFA signees ndf released the warm night air that was "Since We Last Met," a "12 single graced by a Ricardo Villalobos remix on the flip. The track is a vivid portrait of summer love and such a strong single that a well-structured album is surely in sight. In the meantime London-based artist Banjo Or Freakout has offered a reminder of ndf's potential, covering "Since We Last Met" with more of an indie aesthetic than an electronic one. Banjo Or Freakout's piano version of the melody is particularly notable, bringing the subtleties of the original to the foreground. Synth and vocal layerings surround the rest of the song, keeping all the nostalgia of the original without being repetitive.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player