Animal Collective member Noah Lennox dusts off his sampler, plugs in his acoustics, and rocks out on his third full-length under the Panda Bear moniker. Person Pitch is a feel-good trip through Lennox’s personal changes and his ever-increasing sonic palette.
Downloads - Page 759
Although electro pop is usually the label slapped on these two, Portland's Khaela Maricich and Jona Bechtolt (a.k.a. The Blow) have reissued their shiny, not-for-the radio Poor Aim: Love Songs, an album that defies all genre.
They say everything comes in threes, and Faruk Green likes to remind us of this fact. The three-piece band consisting of Ozgur, Engin, and Adem hails from three countries and, some say, three different planets. Two more follow-ups to their current 7” will complete the picture.
A veteran of the Detroit underground, Carsten Aermes (a.k.a. Phon.o) blends his southern crunk-style production with techno undertones and vocals from TinTin, for a sound he touts as Euro-Crunk.
Somewhere between minimal and banging, micro.fon labelhead DJ Emerson finds a home in the land of techno. A mainstay in Berlin’s music scene, his experience at working the dancefloor shines through as the most striking element in his production work.
Deerhoof's always been a band that loves keeping the fans intrigued, and the San Francisco trio's latest album, Friend Opportunity, is just another example of the sizzling guitar riffs and innovative noise-pop that keeps us listening again and again.
Don't be fooled by the name. A Sunny Day in Glasgow is based not in Scotland, but Philadelphia, and the band has unleashed its Scribble Mural Comic Journal album to the masses armed with plenty of mandolins, banjos, noise, samplers, and hints of dance-pop. Think Cocteau Twins merged with Aphex Twin, and a jangle of My Bloody Valentine in between, and if that still doesn't make sense then you'll just have to buy the album.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player