DJ Rashad & DJ Earl "2 Bottles of Goose"
This coming Thursday at San Francisco's Public Works club, two lovers of hyperactive dance tunes, DJ Sega and DJ Rashad (pictured above), will overtake the venue's brand-new soundsystem with a smash of bass, beats, and re-appropriated vocal samples. Preceding that hotly tipped performance comes this collaborative track from DJ Rashad & DJ Earl, "2 Bottles of Goose." The Chicago-based footworkers hook up a typically solid production, matching syncopated hi-hats and claps with stuttering kick patterns, mind-numbing low-end, and a fresh wash of sinister synth melodies every so often. Rashad and Earl aren't necessarily treading uncharted territory on "2 Bottles," at least not within their own realms of Chicago-born dance music (represented well on XLR8R by an excellent podcast and in-depth feature), but suffice it to say, the track is another reminder why the juke/footwork scene remains interesting and innovative in the general scheme of club-ready sonics.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player