Phaseone "Being With You"
The good people of Sacramento-based Lefse Records have made available a track from the second edition of their ongoing Way Slow series, a "cover" of Soul For Real's "Being With You" from St. Louis-based producer Phaseone. The track is more of an instrumental reinterpretation than a cover, taking the song's original chord progression and vocal melody to new and more interesting territory. "Being With You" seems to be in no rush, slowly building on its laid-back R&B vibe for almost three minutes before kicking in with an assault of thick, layered synth pads and smooth, gliding melodies. Expect vocal chops, shuffling percussion fills, and plenty of slow head-nodding from this one. Phaseone's contribution to the Way Slow series, which also features a "cover" of Keith Sweat's "Right & Wrong," will be available December 14.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player