Phaseone "Being With You"
The good people of Sacramento-based Lefse Records have made available a track from the second edition of their ongoing Way Slow series, a "cover" of Soul For Real's "Being With You" from St. Louis-based producer Phaseone. The track is more of an instrumental reinterpretation than a cover, taking the song's original chord progression and vocal melody to new and more interesting territory. "Being With You" seems to be in no rush, slowly building on its laid-back R&B vibe for almost three minutes before kicking in with an assault of thick, layered synth pads and smooth, gliding melodies. Expect vocal chops, shuffling percussion fills, and plenty of slow head-nodding from this one. Phaseone's contribution to the Way Slow series, which also features a "cover" of Keith Sweat's "Right & Wrong," will be available December 14.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player