Teengirl Fantasy "Dancing in Slow Motion (Brenmar Remix)"
What's beautiful about Teengirl Fantasy's original "Dancing in Slow Motion" is that, for a song borne of a gritty, DIY, electronic dance music ethos, it packs a whole lot of emotional punch on both the lyrical and musical fronts, and keenly harks back to a time when dance producers gave a shit about telling a story through song (our hats tipped to Shannon's "Let the Music Play," and the whole of '80s Miami freestyle). Problem is, you can't actually dance to it. So in steps remixer extraordinaire Brenmar (a.k.a. Bill Salas, pictured above, who also provided us with this week's killer podcast) to change all that. Not only does Salas give Light Asylum front lady Shannon Funchess' harrowing, heartrending vocals the full-on diva treatment they deserve (worthy of that other dance queen Shannon) but he also kicks the beat up a notch and rearranges the tune with sizzling pads and an all-around warmth, shuffle, and bounce, which he's managed to bring to more than a few R&B tunes as of late.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player