Tahiti 80 "Darlin (John Talabot's Oscuro Baile Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Photo: Piotr Niepsuj
Barcelona producer John Talabot (pictured above) only has a handful of productions to his name, but it's hard to think of another artist who's making better slow-motion house music right now. (That's why we featured him in our Bubblin' series earlier this month.) Granted, when we say slow motion, it's not to imply that his tracks can't get a dancefloor moving, and Talabot certainly has nothing to do with the current screwed-music craze; it's just that his productions are nothing if not deliberate, slowly building from just a few bits of percussion to a euphoric, melody-filled release. The formula works to perfection on this new, nearly eight-minute-long remix of french outfit Tahiti 80. "Darlin" is the band's latest single and the original will appear on the upcoming The Past, The Present & The Possible album, set for release next February.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player