Ciara "Deuces (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
- Words: Stefan Nickum
"Deuces" is originally a Chris Brown track, but when Ciara recently remixed it, she may have bested Brown in both swagger and content. Produced by Kevin McCall, a mostly unheard-of producer, "Deuces" is one of the more memorable R&B productions of 2010, carefully layered with patient and tender synths, riding snaps and a delightfully broken female vocal sample. These elements aren't only ripe for rap and R&B's finest to hop on (the official Chris Brown remix features six grade-A rappers), but L.A. duo Nguzunguzu chucked up their own deuces with a remix that chops Baltimore club's best percussion into something that is wholly their own. The result is a late-night, bar-closing goodbye that hits with enough bass and stutter that it may actually confuse your desire to leave. Check out the mysterious Ciara-loving Tumblr blog from which this track was culled for another remix by Dubbel Dutch.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player