Ciara "Deuces (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
- Words: Stefan Nickum
"Deuces" is originally a Chris Brown track, but when Ciara recently remixed it, she may have bested Brown in both swagger and content. Produced by Kevin McCall, a mostly unheard-of producer, "Deuces" is one of the more memorable R&B productions of 2010, carefully layered with patient and tender synths, riding snaps and a delightfully broken female vocal sample. These elements aren't only ripe for rap and R&B's finest to hop on (the official Chris Brown remix features six grade-A rappers), but L.A. duo Nguzunguzu chucked up their own deuces with a remix that chops Baltimore club's best percussion into something that is wholly their own. The result is a late-night, bar-closing goodbye that hits with enough bass and stutter that it may actually confuse your desire to leave. Check out the mysterious Ciara-loving Tumblr blog from which this track was culled for another remix by Dubbel Dutch.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player