Ciara "Deuces (Nguzunguzu Remix)"
- Words: Stefan Nickum
"Deuces" is originally a Chris Brown track, but when Ciara recently remixed it, she may have bested Brown in both swagger and content. Produced by Kevin McCall, a mostly unheard-of producer, "Deuces" is one of the more memorable R&B productions of 2010, carefully layered with patient and tender synths, riding snaps and a delightfully broken female vocal sample. These elements aren't only ripe for rap and R&B's finest to hop on (the official Chris Brown remix features six grade-A rappers), but L.A. duo Nguzunguzu chucked up their own deuces with a remix that chops Baltimore club's best percussion into something that is wholly their own. The result is a late-night, bar-closing goodbye that hits with enough bass and stutter that it may actually confuse your desire to leave. Check out the mysterious Ciara-loving Tumblr blog from which this track was culled for another remix by Dubbel Dutch.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player