Ass of Bass "Duee Connexion #2"
Like a dirtier, less-conceptual Matthew Herbert or Soft Pink Truth, the elusive Parisian producer known as Ass of Bass (yeah, we're not keen on the name either) makes dubby, housey, disco-flavored dance tunes full of twisted vocal snippets, musical randomness, and deep vibes. There are plenty of sampled treasures and random sounds to be heard throughout "Duee Connexion #2," but it's the slamming four-on-the-floor and bouncing low-end that remains in the forefront—carrying the energetic tune for over seven minutes. You can discover how else the musicmaker twerks that sticky sound palette on his debut for Salon, a four-song EP with two original takes on "Duee Connexion" and two remixes from DJ Donna Summer, here.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player