When Saints Go Machine "Fail Forever"
Danish four-piece When Saints Go Machine (consisting of a vocalist, drummer, and two keyboardists) is the latest act to sign to Berlin's !K7 imprint. "Fail Forever," the title track from its forthcoming EP, is an uptempo adventure into the possibilities of combining orchestrated, melancholy pop with a dance music bed. Driving from beginning to end, the song features rhythmic keyboards pulsing rapidly along with a consistent four-on-the-floor disco beat. The melancholy comes courtesy of frontman Nikolaj Manuel Vonsild's haunting, almost Arthur Russell-esque falsetto; layered with harmonies, it combines with the slow-moving bass and cellos to make for an incredibly lush track. Apparently When Saints Go Machine have been making some pretty big waves in Denmark, winning the Danish National Radio Talent Of The Year Award and opening the country's Roskilde Festival earlier this year, but even without that knowledge we'd still be looking forward to their upcoming January EP and the band's eventual LP expected later in 2011.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player