Shackleton "International Fires"
We're still about a week from the release of Shackleton's contribution to the ongoing Fabric mix series, Fabric 55, and just to make sure you didn't forget about that stellar set of new, unreleased, and classic material by the Skull Disco co-owner, both the producer and the label have relinquished a downloadable tune from the disc. The previously unreleased "International Fires" is nearly right in the dead center of Shackelton's mix album, so it's no surprise he's knee deep in a bed of throbbing bass tones and erratic rhythms built from reverberated percussion and otherworldly vocal samples. The sparse production of the tune might give this one a quieter vibe, but if you try talking over "International Fires" in a club, your voice is likely to find itself muffled by the oppressive frequencies having their way with the airspace.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player