Honestly, we're starting to think that the first track we heard from Leaving Records boss Matthewdavid, the bubbling and warped R&B of "Trusss," was some sort of fluke. Though not necessarily in a bad sense; it's just that since hearing that beautiful jam, the producer has gone on to make ambient, textural soundscapes ridden with tape hiss almost exclusively—the latest of which is the lengthy "11042010." The composition sounds like some of the more calming moments found in the podcast he recently did for XLR8R (easily one of our top favorites of the year), but stretched out for about a third of that mix's length. It's yet another Matthewdavid track you could easily get lost in, and when paired with his handmade video—his first—below... Well, let's just hope you've got something smokable nearby.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player