Honestly, we're starting to think that the first track we heard from Leaving Records boss Matthewdavid, the bubbling and warped R&B of "Trusss," was some sort of fluke. Though not necessarily in a bad sense; it's just that since hearing that beautiful jam, the producer has gone on to make ambient, textural soundscapes ridden with tape hiss almost exclusively—the latest of which is the lengthy "11042010." The composition sounds like some of the more calming moments found in the podcast he recently did for XLR8R (easily one of our top favorites of the year), but stretched out for about a third of that mix's length. It's yet another Matthewdavid track you could easily get lost in, and when paired with his handmade video—his first—below... Well, let's just hope you've got something smokable nearby.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player