Randomer & Adverse "Alizé (Greymatter Remix)"
We all know the well-worn adage: Less is more. Here, that philosophy is put to good use by Brighton-based producer Greymatter on his remix of the forthcoming single from Randomer & Adverse, "Alizé." It's not that Greymatter is making minimalist bass music or any such thing, but when juxtaposed with Randomer & Adverse's bubbling originals and HomePark's own deep remix of the title track, it's easily the most pared down of the bunch. A lone tambourine and kick-drum rhythm make up the spine of "Alizé (Greymatter Remix)," on which the producer employs a chopped-up vocal loop, monotone organ stabs, a massive bass drop every so often, and a couple more percussion sounds. There are certainly more than, say, 10 sounds in this shuffling tune, but Greymatter gives each one of them enough room to breathe that you could probably pick out the noises individually at any given time, though you're likely to be too busy moving to the jam's thick groove to even bother giving that a try. You can check out the EP's other three tracks when Alizé drops on January 10 via Super.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsFriends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player