Smutlee "Body Language/Look Pon Me (Moombahton Edit)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Let's just get this out of the way. This song, technically, could be called a mash-up. And yes, we know mash-ups are sooooooo over, but maybe you can cut us a a bit of slack. It is the holiday season, after all. And this isn't just any mash-up, as London's Smutlee—who has done some fine work in the funky bashment arena—has paired the vocals of Jamaican dancehall diva Natalie Storm (pictured above) with M.A.N.D.Y. vs. Booka Shade's classic "Body Language," which has been screwed down to moombahton tempo. Maybe it's not the most original thing in the world, but damn if those synth notes on "Body Language" don't still sound good, more than five years after its initial release. Plus, at this point, XLR8R's ongoing crush on Natalie Storm is pretty well documented. If you had a website, would you pass on a chance to put up another sexy photo of Natalie Storm? Yeah, that's what we thought.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player