Slackk "Crucial Love"
The latest record to come from the excellent Numbers label is the debut release from London producer Slackk, a three-song jaunt entitled Theme From Slackk. "Crucial Love" isn't one of those next-level, so-called "eski-house" burners, but the track does find the producer in similarly funky territory. While samples from New Edition's "Crucial" tune are toyed with at the core, a slow, booming dance beat carries the funky guitars, buzzing synths, and low-bit electronics that make up the rest of the song's instrumentation. Slackk's "Crucial Love" is probably a bit too slow for anyone's peak-hour playlist, but it's certainly a weird one that'll bring you down in style. You can get more info on Slackk's new EP, not to mention pick up your own copy of the record, here.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player