Slackk "Crucial Love"
The latest record to come from the excellent Numbers label is the debut release from London producer Slackk, a three-song jaunt entitled Theme From Slackk. "Crucial Love" isn't one of those next-level, so-called "eski-house" burners, but the track does find the producer in similarly funky territory. While samples from New Edition's "Crucial" tune are toyed with at the core, a slow, booming dance beat carries the funky guitars, buzzing synths, and low-bit electronics that make up the rest of the song's instrumentation. Slackk's "Crucial Love" is probably a bit too slow for anyone's peak-hour playlist, but it's certainly a weird one that'll bring you down in style. You can get more info on Slackk's new EP, not to mention pick up your own copy of the record, here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player