Jamie Woon "Night Air (Deadboy Remix)"
Add yet another track to the growing list of remixes for Jamie Woon's Burial-co-produced song, "Night Air." UK 2-stepper Deadboy puts his shuffling version next to interpretations from the likes of Ramadanman and newcomer Becoming Real, which collectively create a trifecta that trumps the original, at least to our ears. This remix lets Woon's voice do its thing while a rolling bassline grooves with Deadboy's go-to riddim and a handful of assorted synth melodies waft about the proceedings. Further into "Night Air (Deadboy Remix)," the producer starts toying with the singer's croon, whimsically pitch-shifting it as the synth stabs grow in intensity.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player