- Words: Glenn Jackson
- Label: Photek Productions
Well, it certainly has been a while since we've heard from UK jungle pioneer Photek. (Seriously, we really haven't heard anything from him since his 2007 collection Form and Function II.) Now Photek is ready to make his 2011 resurgence with a new EP, Avalanche, set for release in February of next year. "Slowburn" is the first track released from said EP and, well, it's not exactly what we expected over here at XLR8R HQ. There is definitely a new Photek at work here, one that's not sounding much like his early jungle output or even like his later dabblings in house, as "Slowburn" instead presents itself as the veteran producer's step into new territory, one defined by slower tempos, heavy bass, and aggressive drums. We won't know the full extent of this transformation until Avalanche is released on February 28, but we figured you'd be curious to hear this first offering in the meantime.
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player