Games "Strawberry Skies (Hudson Mohawke Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Although Brooklyn duo Games and Scottish beat wizard Hudson Mohawke (pictured above) both dabble in sounds that could be described as retro, or even future-retro, they don't exactly share the same sonic palette. Yet on this remix of "Strawberry Skies," the original of which appears on Games' That People Play EP, the marriage of the two seems perfectly natural. That's largely because HudMo has put his schizophrenic hip-hop sensibilities aside and simply tweaked the original song's '80s radio-pop vibes with some additional synths and fuzz. He's also played a bit with the wondrous vocals of Laurel Halo, but his chops and slices aren't terribly severe. To be honest, the whole thing sounds more like an alternate take than a complete re-imagining. It certainly works though, so we're not complaining. Give it a listen and also peep the new "Strawberry Skies" video, which is posted after the jump. (via FACT)
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player