Phaseone "All to Herself"
Catching up again with Midwestern bass specialist Phaseone, we're treated to a slow and smooth booty jam that's equal parts bump and grind. "All to Herself" seems to be built almost exclusively for the sweaty goings-on taking place in dark bedrooms and nightclub nooks across the world, as its sultry bass groove, sparse vocal utterings, hypnotic synth melodies, and massive slap bring quite specific activities to mind. But while the song starts off sounding dark and sensual, it eventually moves into more shimmering and upbeat territories, sounding something like the hot younger sister of Joy Orbison's "Hyph Mngo."
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player