Stateless "Assassinations (FaltyDL Remix)"
UK-based avant-pop outfit Stateless (pictured above) is about to unveil its second album, Matilda, on March 1. As bands tend to do, a single is being circulated prior to the album release, and Stateless has settled on "Assassinations." The group claims that the song sounds like "Timbaland producing Pink Floyd" (is that a good thing?), and producers Om Unit and FaltyDL have been commissioned to remix the track. We've got our hands on the latter effort, which finds NYC beatsmith Drew Lustman chopping, slicing, and looping frontman Chris James' vocals and marrying those bits with swirling psychedelics, moody keys, and a melange of fractured beats. It's not exactly dancefloor material, but FaltyDL has never been one to shy away from sonic experimentation.
The "Assassinations" single comes out on February 15.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player