Stateless "Assassinations (FaltyDL Remix)"
UK-based avant-pop outfit Stateless (pictured above) is about to unveil its second album, Matilda, on March 1. As bands tend to do, a single is being circulated prior to the album release, and Stateless has settled on "Assassinations." The group claims that the song sounds like "Timbaland producing Pink Floyd" (is that a good thing?), and producers Om Unit and FaltyDL have been commissioned to remix the track. We've got our hands on the latter effort, which finds NYC beatsmith Drew Lustman chopping, slicing, and looping frontman Chris James' vocals and marrying those bits with swirling psychedelics, moody keys, and a melange of fractured beats. It's not exactly dancefloor material, but FaltyDL has never been one to shy away from sonic experimentation.
The "Assassinations" single comes out on February 15.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player