Carl Craig "The Climax Bootleg"
As if the legendary Detroit techno producer didn't have enough on his plate between releasing a 20-year retrospective and planning a world tour for his Planet E label (which you can read all about here), Carl Craig recently got hipped to the fact that his track "The Climax," which he had released under his Paperclip People moniker back in 1995, had been used in a mash-up for an anonymous bootleg vinyl pressing. Well, Craig decided to respond to the bootleg by taking the available audio and making his own re-edit of the track, which is what we've got available for you here. And re-edit he did, cutting, looping, and manipulating the audio into a seven-plus minute excursion into the cold, intricate Detroit techno Craig's been masterfully producing for years. (via Juno)
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player