Carl Craig "The Climax Bootleg"
As if the legendary Detroit techno producer didn't have enough on his plate between releasing a 20-year retrospective and planning a world tour for his Planet E label (which you can read all about here), Carl Craig recently got hipped to the fact that his track "The Climax," which he had released under his Paperclip People moniker back in 1995, had been used in a mash-up for an anonymous bootleg vinyl pressing. Well, Craig decided to respond to the bootleg by taking the available audio and making his own re-edit of the track, which is what we've got available for you here. And re-edit he did, cutting, looping, and manipulating the audio into a seven-plus minute excursion into the cold, intricate Detroit techno Craig's been masterfully producing for years. (via Juno)
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player