Tahiti 80 "Darlin (Jimmy Edgar Remix)"
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
We're just going to come out and say it: we're not exactly big fans of Tahiti 80 (pictured above). No offense to the French pop band—their tunes are perfectly fine, they're just not very XLR8R. That said, there's no denying that the group has impeccable taste when it comes to remixers. Back in November, we posted a stellar "Darlin" re-work by Barcelona's John Talabot, and now Tahiti 80 has extended their recruiting arm to our side of the Atlantic and enlisted Jimmy Edgar to have a go at the track. As those familiar with Edgar might expect, he's sexed up the proceedings with some throbbing electro beats, crunchy synths, and a seriously sleazy vibe. If Tahiti 80 keeps this up, perhaps we'll be more inclined to check out the Darlin EP when it drops next week, or the band's upcoming full-length, which is scheduled for later in the year.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player