Creep "Days (Azari & III Remix)"
The first single to come from shadowy Brooklyn production duo Creep, "Days" (featuring Romy Madley-Croft of The xx), has been making the rounds on the internet since it first premiered in early December, and it's all in anticipation of the track's forthcoming physical release. But while the song itself is a tastefully, uh, creepy tune with a solid groove, we find ourselves gravitating a bit more towards the remixes it's yielded. The Soul Clap version we shared just before Christmas certainly kicked the energy of "Days" up a notch, but it's this high-octane rendition by Toronto's Azari & III (pictured above) that really got us moving. Basically, the outfit's remix commandeers Creep's brooding soundscape and Madley-Croft's breathy vocal performance, and re-applies them to a serious club production propelled by tumbling sub-bass tones, churning dance rhythms, and arpeggiated synth melodies. You can nab this one along with UK producer Deadboy's take on "Days," not to mention the original track, when Creep's 12" drops on January 25 via Young Turks.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player