Brokenchord "Dribble Drift"
- Words: Patric Fallon
This warbling, beat-heavy track from Lithuanian (yes, "Lithuanian," we double checked) producer Brokenchord may seem a bit all over the place at first. "Dribble Drift" starts out with crisp synth tones swelling into the forefront, sounding like it's about to drop into a poignant club number or maybe even a bit of synth-pop à la M83, but instead, the touching melodies give way to a somber soundscape made of woozy guitar plucks and subtle rhythmic sounds that twist and turn in their environment. Brokenchord continues to inundate his track with ominous bass frequencies, head-knocking beats, and a plethora of other adventurous sonic elements—further proving him to be a strong musical force worthy of keeping a watchful eye on. So it should go without saying that we're also digging on his just-released "A Girl of 13 Summers"/"Orion" single for the Black Acre label, which you can preview here.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player