Jensen Sportag "Everything Good"
Nashville isn't exactly the first place that comes to mind when one thinks of funky sounds or electro beats, but that is the place the duo known as Jensen Sportag calls home, and if this track is any indication, these guys have got a good amount of dance-friendly sounds coarsing through their veins. "Everything Good," from the duo's forthcoming Pure Wet EP (artwork above), is a deliciously smooth endeavor incorporating some retro-inspired slap bass with the bells and whistles of a modern electro track. Percussive synths and guitar pop and swirl along with reverb-washed melodies and layer upon layer of sweet and sultry vocals. The vintage vibe of "Everything Good" isn't so much like stepping into a time machine as it is like stepping into a time-combining machine and the results have us thinking this would be a much more useful invention. Pure Wet is set to be released on February 15.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player