Com Truise "Innerfacer"
Com Truise: still a horrible name, but, thankfully, a quality producer. Here, the recently signed Ghostly artist shares a free download of a bonus track from his re-released Cyanide Sisters EP. "Innerfacer" is a bit more intense and more heavily indebted to sci-fi soundtracks than, say, the light-hearted synth-pop of his "Slow Peels" tune. A restless synth melody is surrounded by booming, motorik drum-machine beats and woozily floating space noise on the slow-grooving number; the song only strays from this basic recipe during a brief reprieve. Tunesmith Seth Haley is seemingly confident with the immediate catchiness of his bassline, the song's sole hook, as every other sound he introduces feels like window dressing for its low-frequency core. We hope to hear more of these bedroom-born sounds when Com Truise drops his Ghostly debut—a love story between androids in the vein of Philip K. Dick, called Galactic Melt—in May.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player