Rudi Zygadlo "Kiss the Braille Mirror"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Scottish-born, Berlin-based producer Rudi Zygadlo had himself a stroke of generosity over the weekend, which resulted in his offering two eclectic and funky bass-centric tunes via Bandcamp. Don't Disturb the Beasts is two tracks of impeccably produced, forward-thinking dubstep from the tunesmith that he couldn't "justify" releasing physically because they are "essentially reworks," but for our money, "Kiss the Braille Mirror" and its lengthy counterpart "Filth, Hounds of Hades" are just as good as—if not much better than—many of the crates of CDs and records our office is inundated with on the daily. Zygadlo's "Mirror" tune is punchy, hyperactive, and catchy, like many of its club-ready dubstep contemporaries, but maintains a certain musicality and futuristic soul that isn't quite as common. You can check out more about Beasts on the artist's Tumblr.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsThe Knife Splits, Announces Final Tour Dates
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- NewsHieroglyphic Being Announces New LP for Planet Mu
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player