Rudi Zygadlo "Kiss the Braille Mirror"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Scottish-born, Berlin-based producer Rudi Zygadlo had himself a stroke of generosity over the weekend, which resulted in his offering two eclectic and funky bass-centric tunes via Bandcamp. Don't Disturb the Beasts is two tracks of impeccably produced, forward-thinking dubstep from the tunesmith that he couldn't "justify" releasing physically because they are "essentially reworks," but for our money, "Kiss the Braille Mirror" and its lengthy counterpart "Filth, Hounds of Hades" are just as good as—if not much better than—many of the crates of CDs and records our office is inundated with on the daily. Zygadlo's "Mirror" tune is punchy, hyperactive, and catchy, like many of its club-ready dubstep contemporaries, but maintains a certain musicality and futuristic soul that isn't quite as common. You can check out more about Beasts on the artist's Tumblr.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player