Rudi Zygadlo "Kiss the Braille Mirror"
- Words: Patric Fallon
Scottish-born, Berlin-based producer Rudi Zygadlo had himself a stroke of generosity over the weekend, which resulted in his offering two eclectic and funky bass-centric tunes via Bandcamp. Don't Disturb the Beasts is two tracks of impeccably produced, forward-thinking dubstep from the tunesmith that he couldn't "justify" releasing physically because they are "essentially reworks," but for our money, "Kiss the Braille Mirror" and its lengthy counterpart "Filth, Hounds of Hades" are just as good as—if not much better than—many of the crates of CDs and records our office is inundated with on the daily. Zygadlo's "Mirror" tune is punchy, hyperactive, and catchy, like many of its club-ready dubstep contemporaries, but maintains a certain musicality and futuristic soul that isn't quite as common. You can check out more about Beasts on the artist's Tumblr.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player