Phil Manley "Life Coach"
While not putting in time as the guitarist for an array of well-respected bands (Trans Am, Jonas Reinhardt, and The Fucking Champs, to name a few) Phil Manley keeps busy with his own solo work, which includes a new album that will be released in the near future via Thrill Jockey. That record is called Life Coach, and this song, its title track, closes out the LP. The seemingly home-recorded sounds all bring to mind Manley's work with his other bands—the motorik pulse of Trans Am's sex jams, the lilting atmosphere of Jonas Reinhardt's cosmic neo-Krautrock sounds, and the cyclical guitar riffs of The Fucking Champs. The tune clocks in at nearly three minutes, but seems to float by much quicker, leaving us wondering what the rest of Manley's instrumental compositions might deliver before these fleeting and final moments.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player