Johnny Sable "Made in Taiwan"
It's easy to think of the whole post-dubstep scene as a UK-centric phenomenon, but new artists continue to pop up all over the globe. Just yesterday, we posted a tune from Lithuania's Brokenchord, and now New Zealand is getting into the act, courtesy of Johnny Sable. The young producer isn't reinventing the wheel, as "Made in Taiwan" relies on skittering garage beats, emotive pitch-shifted vocal snippets, and subdued rave synths. Yet despite the familiarity of the song's building blocks, Sable's construction work is the key here, as he effectively fills the track with negative space, which keeps things light and restrained, even as the tune picks up steam over the course of its five minutes. It's an impressive offering, and one that makes on wonder what else the Kiwis have been brewing up on the club front.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- NewsWatch a Tripped-Out Video from Thug Entrancer
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Comp
- NewsCheck Out Anthony Parasole's All-Jeff Mills Mix for Beats in Space
- NewsStream Another New Track from Four Tet's Upcoming Percussions 12"s
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player