Christoph Andersson "Metropol"
New Orleans-based Christoph Andersson may not be mining his hometown's rich musical history for inspiration, but the teenage producer has nevertheless been perking up ears with his knack for bouncy beats and light-hearted melodies. Back in September, he passed along his first single, "Tuxedo," which reminded us of the fun-loving days of French Touch. In a few weeks, he'll be releasing "Metropol," a similarly jubilant effort, albeit one that's significantly less funky. That's not a complaint; with its washy synths and Balearic vocal snippets, it kind of reminds us of a slightly raved-up Delorean cut.
The Metropol EP comes out January 24 via Andersson's own Hurst Recordings label.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player