Christoph Andersson "Metropol"
New Orleans-based Christoph Andersson may not be mining his hometown's rich musical history for inspiration, but the teenage producer has nevertheless been perking up ears with his knack for bouncy beats and light-hearted melodies. Back in September, he passed along his first single, "Tuxedo," which reminded us of the fun-loving days of French Touch. In a few weeks, he'll be releasing "Metropol," a similarly jubilant effort, albeit one that's significantly less funky. That's not a complaint; with its washy synths and Balearic vocal snippets, it kind of reminds us of a slightly raved-up Delorean cut.
The Metropol EP comes out January 24 via Andersson's own Hurst Recordings label.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player