Montreal-based NROTB pounces on this banger from the Major Lazer squad and vamps it up with that disco-y, nu-rave, electro-house kick that everyone has been, well, raving about as of late.
Downloads - Page 562
L.A. space-hop beatmaker Ras G (and his Alkebulan Space Program) blasts off with another piece of chunky, crunky hotness, this time offering a taste off of dublab/Porter Records' Echo Expansion compilation, expected in stores on August 18. Click it while it's hot!
Dutty Artz vocalist Jahdan Blakkamoore has dropped us a track from his upcoming Bazooka Shot mixtape. Fresh off of his collaboration with Major Lazer and in preparation for his debut album, Buzzrock Warrior, Blakkamoore has made a classic dancehall anthem in "Dem Nuh Like It," chock-full of bouncing beats, thick bass, and plenty of melodic MC work that features help from 77Klash and Spoek Mathambo.
After nearly three years of silence, Detroit's Daniel has returned with Lazrus, an album of melancholy electronic pop. Summoning Jamie Lidell's soulfulness and Ben Gibbard's plaintive vocals, "Goodbye Silhouette" is a gem of lovely melodies from a city more known for its hard-edged techno.
Culled from Horse Meat Disco's upcoming first mix CD, Plaza's 1979 hit strikes gold again with a sound that combines a bit of Donna Summer's airiness with a bit of Salsoul's lush orchestral arrangements. A perfect track for queens and disco revivalists alike.
Imagine a cello-less Arthur Russell remixing a slower DJ Slugo or DJ Godfather instrumental. Yeah, it is a bit hard to fathom, isn't it? Listen to this Osborne remix of Brooklyn's Michna—which can be found on Michna's new Eggstra EP alongside some other new tracks and remixes—and you'll have a better idea of what we're talking about. Maybe.
Transforming a dancehall track produced by Diplo and Switch into a near-cosmic Italo number is no short order, but the duo of Classixx have managed to do just that with their new remix of Major Lazer. Setting Jahdan Blakkamoore's vocals over a slow-motion early house beat and fantastic, bright arpeggiating synths, the track overflows with summer soulfulness. (Via Mad Decent)
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player