Applescal "De Brigade"
Coming off two excellent releases for the renowned Traum Schallplatten imprint, Holland-based prodcuer Pascal Terstappen (a.k.a. Applescal) has a new EP set for release on the same label that first debuted his music back in 2007, Manual Music. "De Brigade," taken from Terstappen's forthcoming EP which sports the extremely serious title 5 Songs, a Pizza, and Some Marshmallows Please, finds the young producer crafting bubbly, house-infused techno in which a simple, distorted line is repeated and manipulated amongst pitched toms that bounce around like perfectly quantized basketballs falling onto a gym floor. Not too much progresses throughout the course of the track, as Terstappen decides to stick with the solid groove, throwing in some tasteful breakdowns and just the right amount of percussion to keep things moving smoothly along. 5 Songs, a Pizza, and Some Marshmallows Please will be available February 21.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player