Siriusmo "Einmal in der Woche Schreien"
Germany's Siriusmo has been DJing and producing music for a long time—dropping singles and EPs on labels like Exploited and Boysnoize Records since the early '00s (remember this one?). Only now is producer Moritz Friedrich readying the release of his debut album, a 17-track record to be released via Modeselektor's Monkeytown Records on March 1. The lightheartedly ominous track "Einmal in der Woche Schreien" (which translates to "Once a Week, Shouting") is lifted off of that forthcoming LP, and finds Friedrich loading mass amounts of synth tones, chopped vocal bits, electronic sound bytes, and straightforward dance beats into four minutes of choice electro-pop. And if that makes you wish you knew what the rest of Mosaik sounds like, you can listen to a preview of the whole thing on Siriusmo's Soundcloud.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsWarp Confirms Details of Upcoming Aphex Twin LP, Reveals Release Date
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player