When Saints Go Machine "Fail Forever (Nicolas Jaar Remix)"
Man of the moment Nicolas Jaar continues to exhibit his deft usage of space and noise on this heart-wrenching remix of "Fail Forever," the new single by Danish outfit When Saints Go Machine. (We've previously posted the original song and a remix by burgeoning techno outfit dOP, too.) The Brooklyn-based producer spends the first quarter or so of his track tweaking poignant harp plucks before gradually adding a few more sparse elements; steel drums, bass, violins, down-pitched vocals, and a soft, kick-clap rhythm make up just about the whole of it. Obviously, Jaar relies heavily on restraint and subtlety when composing his music, and here, he transforms what was more or less a navel-gazing dance-pop song into a sort of otherworldly lament, one sung by celestial beings who've since found themselves lost in a bleak, unfamiliar reality. (via FACT)
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- NewsWatch the Geometric Video for Sculpture's "Hackle Scam Populator"
- MP3T_A_M "Tail Snap (Murlo Remix)"
- FeatureHi, Doctor Nick! - The Secret to Finishing an Album (or Any Big Project) When It's Almost Done
- NewsDownload a Free Track from Four Tet
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player