When Saints Go Machine "Fail Forever (Nicolas Jaar Remix)"
Man of the moment Nicolas Jaar continues to exhibit his deft usage of space and noise on this heart-wrenching remix of "Fail Forever," the new single by Danish outfit When Saints Go Machine. (We've previously posted the original song and a remix by burgeoning techno outfit dOP, too.) The Brooklyn-based producer spends the first quarter or so of his track tweaking poignant harp plucks before gradually adding a few more sparse elements; steel drums, bass, violins, down-pitched vocals, and a soft, kick-clap rhythm make up just about the whole of it. Obviously, Jaar relies heavily on restraint and subtlety when composing his music, and here, he transforms what was more or less a navel-gazing dance-pop song into a sort of otherworldly lament, one sung by celestial beings who've since found themselves lost in a bleak, unfamiliar reality. (via FACT)
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player