When Saints Go Machine "Fail Forever (Nicolas Jaar Remix)"
Man of the moment Nicolas Jaar continues to exhibit his deft usage of space and noise on this heart-wrenching remix of "Fail Forever," the new single by Danish outfit When Saints Go Machine. (We've previously posted the original song and a remix by burgeoning techno outfit dOP, too.) The Brooklyn-based producer spends the first quarter or so of his track tweaking poignant harp plucks before gradually adding a few more sparse elements; steel drums, bass, violins, down-pitched vocals, and a soft, kick-clap rhythm make up just about the whole of it. Obviously, Jaar relies heavily on restraint and subtlety when composing his music, and here, he transforms what was more or less a navel-gazing dance-pop song into a sort of otherworldly lament, one sung by celestial beings who've since found themselves lost in a bleak, unfamiliar reality. (via FACT)
- NewsSteffi and Martyn Announce Collaborative EP as Doms & Deykers
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player