Pixelord "Fish Touch (Tropical VIP)"
Moscow-based producer Pixelord recently put out his third EP, Fish Touch on Error Broadcast, a pop-infused record of 8-bit glitter that moves easily between hip-hop and dubstep influences. Pixelord also seems to be engaging ever more closely with the future bass sounds going on west of him; his Love Is EP for Seattle's Car Crash Set is an example of what Pixelord's blips sound like when paired with UK garage and chipmunk vocals. Departing again from the half-step sounds of other Pixelord releases, he put together his own VIP remix of Fish Touch's title track, transforming the original's squelchy ragga flavors into a rolling UK bass nodder that moves the track onto the dancefloor and into 130-bpm territory.
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- NewsWatch a Live Performance of Jacques Greene's New Single
XLR8R Downloads Player