Pixelord "Fish Touch (Tropical VIP)"
Moscow-based producer Pixelord recently put out his third EP, Fish Touch on Error Broadcast, a pop-infused record of 8-bit glitter that moves easily between hip-hop and dubstep influences. Pixelord also seems to be engaging ever more closely with the future bass sounds going on west of him; his Love Is EP for Seattle's Car Crash Set is an example of what Pixelord's blips sound like when paired with UK garage and chipmunk vocals. Departing again from the half-step sounds of other Pixelord releases, he put together his own VIP remix of Fish Touch's title track, transforming the original's squelchy ragga flavors into a rolling UK bass nodder that moves the track onto the dancefloor and into 130-bpm territory.
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- PodcastFrankie Knuckles
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player