Pixelord "Fish Touch (Tropical VIP)"
Moscow-based producer Pixelord recently put out his third EP, Fish Touch on Error Broadcast, a pop-infused record of 8-bit glitter that moves easily between hip-hop and dubstep influences. Pixelord also seems to be engaging ever more closely with the future bass sounds going on west of him; his Love Is EP for Seattle's Car Crash Set is an example of what Pixelord's blips sound like when paired with UK garage and chipmunk vocals. Departing again from the half-step sounds of other Pixelord releases, he put together his own VIP remix of Fish Touch's title track, transforming the original's squelchy ragga flavors into a rolling UK bass nodder that moves the track onto the dancefloor and into 130-bpm territory.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player