Pixelord "Fish Touch (Tropical VIP)"
Moscow-based producer Pixelord recently put out his third EP, Fish Touch on Error Broadcast, a pop-infused record of 8-bit glitter that moves easily between hip-hop and dubstep influences. Pixelord also seems to be engaging ever more closely with the future bass sounds going on west of him; his Love Is EP for Seattle's Car Crash Set is an example of what Pixelord's blips sound like when paired with UK garage and chipmunk vocals. Departing again from the half-step sounds of other Pixelord releases, he put together his own VIP remix of Fish Touch's title track, transforming the original's squelchy ragga flavors into a rolling UK bass nodder that moves the track onto the dancefloor and into 130-bpm territory.
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- MP3Clap! Clap! "Ashiko (Lurka Obeah Remix)"
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player