Berlin aural auteur Lucy is about to release his latest, a full-length concept album built on the sounds of deep techno grooves and thick layers of noise. Entitled Wordplay for Working Bees, the album is coming out on March 4 via Stroboscopic Artefacts, and this entrancing six minutes of ominous sound is one of its 11 tracks. "Gas" crawls out slowly from the primordial goop of producer Luca Mortellaro's creative psyche, into a chrome-lined incubation chamber warmed by distorted dissonance and thought-engulfing sub frequencies, before developing into a fully formed, dark minimal-techno track for the dystopic future. At only four cuts in, it's part of a decidedly strong start to Lucy's LP, the whole of which can be heard on his Soundcloud profile, here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player