Nicolas Jaar "Keep Me There"
Nicolas Jaar’s debut LP has been generating quite a lot of noise (or is it space?) lately. Between his excellent XLR8R podcast that he dropped on us back at the beginning of the month, and his debut LP, Space Is Only Noise (artwork above), being released to much critical acclaim (including our own) earlier this week, the 21-year-old Brown University student seems to be garnering quite a bit of buzz. If you're still not convinced, we've got this slow-moving cut from his LP, in which giant claps, dubbed piano, pitched vocals, and, eventually, screeching saxophone bursts all make an appearance alongside Jaar's trademark rich textures and luscious sonic space. Let's hope it does the trick for anyone still skeptical of the hype. (via Pitchfork)
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player