Norrit "N Gbekinho (Martin Kemp Remix)"
Last year, we premiered an excellent production by young Pacific Northwest producer Cedaa, who remixed Clicks & Whistles' song from a compilation put together by Party Guy Records. Now, more of the Future Sounds of North America record is being treated to remixes, our favorite of which we're premiering today (listen to all of them here). Martin Kemp (pictured above) of the Blunted Robots clan gives Norrit's "N Gbekinho" a healthy dose of UK flavor with some patently shuffling house rhythms, oversized bass tones, and otherworldly soundscapes. The producer certainly reformats the track to fit his own club-friendly style, but maintains many of Norrit's original samples—namely, the eerie flute melody that slowly bores into your skull throughout the six-minute tune. And make sure to catch more of Martin Kemp's musical magic when visits Boston this coming Monday and NYC's TURRBOTAX® the following Friday.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player