Aril Brikha "Rising Sun"
Swedish-Iranian producer Aril Brikha has been hard at work crafting his own niche into the austere world of techno music since the spritely age of 16, and now, nearly 19 years later, the multi-faceted artist has not only made his mark in the US, Europe, and beyond, but he's also started his own label, Art of Vengeance. Just released on Brikha's imprint is a re-issue of his first LP from back in 2000, Deeparture In Time, a 10-track album that now comes with an extra disc of previously unreleased music that the musician crafted between 1995 and 1999. "Rising Sun" is a fine example of those warm, classic sounds; its deep techno vibes reference the Detroit-born sounds that first inspired Brikha to make music, while simultaneously standing as an unheard precursor to the kinds of club music we love to get down to today.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- FeatureFive Artists Not to Miss at Vancouver's New Forms Festival
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player