Pale Sketcher "Seventh Heaven"
Here's a question for you: When (if ever) does Justin Broadrick sleep? Seriously, we'd like to know. The prolific musician gets the same amount of time in each day as the rest of us, but somehow manages to divvy it all up between working on his myriad projects—like Final, Jesu, Greymachine, The Blood of Heroes, and Pale Sketcher—without ever sacrificing quality for quantity. You have to imagine that the guy spends at least a night or two a week without sleep, and maybe that's when songs like "Seventh Heaven" are born. The ethereal groove of the title track from his latest Pale Sketcher release, a five-song EP for Ghostly (pictured above), bounds about like a nocturnal imp, always accompanied by the mesmerizing song of ghoulish waifs floating just above the late-night revelry of sub-busting bass, lurching beats, and textural synthscapes. And if you feel like traversing darker territories still, you can follow King Midas Sound's remix of "Seventh Heaven" further into the shadows, after the jump.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player